The Montana Hospital Association (MHA) advocates for public policies that improve the health of Montanans and recognize the value of health care providers in sustaining their local communities.
2017 legislative priorities include:
- Protect access to health care and health insurance coverage.
- Improve access to mental health and crisis/suicide prevention services.
- Strengthen existing efforts to inform patients about health care costs.
- Enhance the health care workforce with state investments in education/training and state loan repayment/incentive programs that maximize the establishment of rural practice.
- Modernize the delivery of care and increase public safety with passage of Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Advance MHA mission to make Montana a “Top 10 Healthy State.”